STAT CPR SOLUTIONS
SHARE THIS CLASS
All of our books are shipped priority, so you will get them in a timely manner before class. You could even purchase the ACLS ebook here. Please complete the SELF-ASSESSMENT, print out your results and bring to class. This is a good study tool for ACLS. This material is provided to give you additional information you may find helpful for the course. You could also watch the videos on this page. We will be watching the same videos in class. The SELF-ASSESSMENT just prepares you for better understanding of the class information.
The ACLS course is designed primarily for healthcare professionals in emergency departments, intensive care units, critical care departments, surgical areas, or pre-hospital environments, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency. The ACLS Provider course provides the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of an adult ventricular fibrillation/ventricular tachycardia (VF/VT) arrest, symptomatic bradyarrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia, acute coronary syndrome, and acute ischemic stroke. THIS ACLS CLASSROOM COURSE INCLUDES THE LECTURE, SKILLS AND TESTING. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A SEPARATE ACLS SKILLS SESSION.
ACLS is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader. Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts: proficiency in basic life support care; recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions; managing cardiac arrest; identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes; recognizing other life threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and providing initial care; ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
ECG & PHARMACOLOGY is an excellent course to take prior to ACLS and is recommended for first time ACLS students. If your license or background has not provided you with ECG or PHARMACOLOGY information listed above or if you need to review and expand your knowledge, we suggest that you complete the ECG & PHARMACOLOGY class prior to taking the NEW ACLS.
The ACLS course covers and reinforces the following key concepts:
- High - Quality Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag mask device and use of an AED.
- NEW Science of Resuscitation and Systematic Approach.
- Megacode (Ventricular Fibrillation / Ventricular Tachycardia (VF/VT) (Out-of-Hospital and In-Hospital).
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symtomatic bradycardia, svt and ventricular tachycardia with pulses.
- Cardioversion, Defibrillation and Pacing. Airway management and confirmation devices.
- Related pharmacology including Atropine, Adenosine, Amiodarone, Epinephrine and Dopamine.
- Management of ischemic chest pain, acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and Acute Ischemic / Hemorrhagic strokes.
- Effective Resuscitation, Effective Communication, Team Dynamics and post-resuscitation care including therapeutic hypothermia.
- Intraosseous Access.
- Coping with Death.
Please call with any questions.