STAT CPR SOLUTIONS
PALS RENEWAL, ACLS RENEWAL with BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS RENEWAL
SHARE THIS CLASS
***Please keep in mind that these are two separate classes with a lunch break in between. This is set up with a break to follow AHA guidelines. This also allows our Instructor time to have lunch as well. Thank you for understanding.
PALS RENEWAL, ACLS RENEWAL, BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS course offers the experienced Healthcare Provider the opportunity renew their BLS for Healthcare Providers during their ACLS renewal and PALS renewal course. All American Heart Association cards will be issued at the end of the courses.
The goal of the PALS RENEWAL course is to aid the pediatric healthcare provider in developing the knowledge, skills and strategies necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children, resulting in improved outcomes. The PALS RENEWAL class includes recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest; the systematic approach to pediatic assessment; effective respiratory management; defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion; intraosseous access and fluid bolus adminstration; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
PALS RENEWAL is designed for pediatricians, emergency physicians, family physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies. The course uses a scenario based team approach to teach pediatric management of pediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest. This is a very relaxed and stress free class.
The PALS RENEWAL class teaches:
- to recognize infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest
- the strategies needed to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest
- skills needed to resuscitate and stabilize infants and children in respiratory failure, shock and cardiopulmonary arrest.
The PALS RENEWAL class gives Healthcare Providers the knowledge and skills to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The course uses a scenario based team approach, to teach pediatric management of pediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest. The PALS course covers and reinforces the following key concepts:
- 1 and 2 rescuer Child CPR and AED use
- 1 and 2 rescuer Infant CPR
- BLS CPR for Children and Infants
- Cardiac, Respiratory and Shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in Pediatric Advanced Life Support, reflecting the new science guidelines for Cardiovascular Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Reinforces and teaches the strategies, treatments and skills needed to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest and the signs and symptoms of infants and children at risk for respiratory failure, shock and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Management of respiratory and shock emergencies
- Coping with death
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy. (defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion)
- Post -Cardiac arrest care
- IO Vascular access ( Intraosseous ) and fluid bolus administration secrets
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessments
- Effective resuscitation and team dynamics
The ACLS RENEWAL course is designed primarily for healthcare professionals in emergency departments, intensive care units, critical care departments, surgical areas, or pre-hospital environments, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency. The ACLS Provider course provides the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of an adult ventricular fibrillation/ventricular tachycardia (VF/VT) arrest, symptomatic bradyarrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia, acute coronary syndrome, and acute ischemic stroke.
ACLS is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader. Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts: proficiency in basic life support care; recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions; managing cardiac arrest; identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes; recognizing other life threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and providing initial care; ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
ECG & PHARMACOLOGY is an excellent course to take prior to ACLS RENEWAL and is recommended for first time ACLS students. If your license or background has not provided you with ECG or PHARMACOLOGY information listed above or if you need to review and expand your knowledge, we suggest that you complete the ECG & PHARMACOLOGY class prior to taking the NEW ACLS RENEWAL.
You could renew your BLS at the end of your ACLS RENEWAL class by taking a BLS test and doing skills. Just advise your instructor the day of your ACLS RENEWAL class.
The NEW ACLS RENEWAL course covers and reinforces the following key concepts:
- High - Quality Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag mask device and use of an AED.
- Megacode (Ventricular Fibrillation / Ventricular Tachycardia (VF/VT) (Out-of-Hospital and In-Hospital).
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symtomatic bradycardia, svt and ventricular tachycardia with pulses.
- Cardioversion, Defibrillation and Pacing. Airway management and confirmation devices.
- Related pharmacology including Atropine, Adenosine, Amiodarone, Epinephrine and Dopamine.
- Effective Resuscitation, Effective Communication, Team Dynamics and post-resuscitation care including therapeutic hypothermia.
- Coping with Death.
The BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS course is a relaxed, stress free course which covers core material such as adult, child and infant CPR (including one and two-rescuer scenarios, use of a pocket mask for breathing, bag mask, advanced airway, foreign-body airway obstruction for adults, children and infants, automated external defibrillation and signs and symptoms of a heart attack. What would you do if you ever came across someone having one of these emergencies. What your learn here can drastically make a difference in their life.
This is the most recent AHA BLS class with the new guidelines. This class is intended for certified, non certified, licensed or non licensed healthcare providers such as EMS personnel, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Dentists, dental field employees, Nurses, LVNs, CNAs, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapist, nursing students, EMTs, paramedic students, other health / safety professional and anyone who must have a credential card documenting successful completion of an American Heart Assocaition BLS for Healthcare Provider course.
This course covers the following:
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR and AED use.
- Assessment of Adult, Children anmd Infants prior to CPR.
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival.
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for Adults, Children and Infants.
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for Adults, Children and Infants.
- Differences between Adults, Child and Infant rescue techniques.
- Bag-mask techniques for Adults, Children and Infants.
- Rescue breathing for Adult, Children and Infants.
- Relief of choking for Adults, Children and Infants.
- CPR and AED with an advanced airway in place.
- Special considerations.
- Team Dynamics
All of our books are shipped priority, so you will get them in a timely manner before class. Please complete the PRECOURSE SELF-ASSESSMENT print out your results and bring to class. This is a good study tool for PALS. This material is provided to give you additional information you may find helpful for the course. You could also watch the videos for the ACLS. We will be watching the same videos in the ACLS class. The PRECOURSE SELF-ASSESSMENT just prepares you for better understanding of the class information.You will use the same website for the ACLS SELF-ASSESSMENT. It has no effect on passing this course. The BLS does not have a pre-course.
Please call with any questions.